For tube and shell boilers and condensers, when it comes to heat exchanger maintenance, you want to make sure you can rely on a tube plugging solution. A mechanical tube plugging (permanent) solution is provided by the right high pressure tube plugs. By using these, you eliminate various welding-associated heat-related issues, potential circumferential cracking, etc.
By maintaining a leak-tight helium seal, high pressure tube plugs maximize uptime. The reason: As opposed to friction-fit tapered plugs, they will not eject. These tube plugs offer the following:
- Tube materials are metallurgy matched
- No undesirable galvanic corrosion
- Expansion/contraction issues are minimized
- Insured stability
You can confidently plug heat exchanger tube leaks with high pressure tube plugs as a long-term solution.
Benefits and Features of High Pressure Tube Plugs
When using high pressure tube plugs, you can enjoy the following benefits and features:
- 24/7 emergency manufacturing capability and a large inventory are available
- Ideal for tube sheets, coated tubes, and other applications
- Compared to tube plugging methods of an alternate nature, these offer the lowest life cycle cost
- Takes only minutes for simple hydraulic installation
- Through-the-tube plugging applications are accommodated
- Meets EPRI and ASME PCC-2 recommendations and criteria
- To 1 x 10-10 cc/sec, maintains helium leak-tight seal
- Preventing damage to the surrounding tubes, tube sheet, and the tube, installation force is controlled by breakaway engineering
- By combining long-term performance and ease of installation, plant uptime is maximized
Additional alloys may be available, but standard materials are as follows:
- 316/316L stainless steel
- Copper nickel 70/30
- 304/304L stainless steel
- Carbon steel (1045 and 1018)
- Brass 360/464
You may be able to request smaller/larger sizes, but the following is standard:
- 16 mm to 37.08 mm or 0.400 inches to 1.460 inches tube ID
You may be able to request higher pressures, but the following is standard:
- Up to 483 barG (7000 PSIG)
High Pressure Tube Plugs from Torq N’ Seal®
When you use high-pressure tube plugs from Torq N’ Seal®, you’ll be able to seal tubes with ease, up to 7000 psi. No special tooling is required. Our high-pressure tube plugs provide the easiest installation on the market. We offer a one-piece design that fits into tight areas and provides a wide sealing area. Before you shop anywhere else for heat exchanger tube plugs, check out what we have to offer.
Torq N’ Seal® for High Pressure Tube Plugs and Much More
Are you in the market to purchase high pressure tube plugs? Or perhaps you’re looking for condenser tube plugs, tapered tube plugs, or accessory tools. Regardless, at Torq N’ Seal®, we’ve got you covered. We also are an excellent technical services resource.
For power generation and other industries related to energy, we handle precisely designed equipment for maintenance and performance. If you’re unsure of the type of plug you require, we can help. Check out our handy online “plug selector“.
Contact us today by email or call us at 201-641-2130 if you’d like to speak to a representative.